Sunday, April 27, 2008

God's invitation

Pastor Joel Santti: Isaiah 55

verse 6: "Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near"

-this verse implies urgency.

-Jesus is returning soon (see John 14:3)

-key phrase: "while he may be found"

-David's words in Psalm 27:8 - "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. "

-God has been seeking man since the beginning (see Gen. 3:9).

-God's promise in Jeremiah 29:13 - "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

-God's word through Amos: "For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live" (Amos 5:4).

-God doesn't abandon them which seek Him (see Psalm 9:10).

-There is security in seeking the Lord. Peter says believers are "kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation..."

-Jesus' injunction to seek the things of God first; all other things (see Matt. 6:31) shall then be added to the seeker.

No comments: